With the latest addition of graph search to facebook https://www.facebook.com/about/graphsearch, you may be wondering how things may be different to the user and what you should consider doing for your organization:
To the end user:
- Within Facebook, finding information will be easier related to your company, product, service or a solution. For example, things that used to take multiple steps, now can be done much more easier and efficiently by asking the following questions in the facebook search bar:
- products liked by my friends
- employers where my friends work.
- companies I liked
- companies my friends liked.
- current Company X employees
- As in the past, Facebook’s own search results are supplemented with those from Bing in a more user friendly way.
Before designing and executing the next marketing campaign, I would recommend every marketing director to:
- Index your current marketing campaigns. If you are not going to be able to help an approved campaign in a major way, could you generate quality ideas for future marketing campaigns based on Facebook graph search possibilities?
- Analyze your current traffic sources and interactions. Look at the latest ways at which Facebook is assisting your business in improving conversions off and on your Joomla website.
- Understand what visitors are seeking to do within Facebook. Are they looking a product or service, are they doing competitive research on you, or are looking to work for you? How are you dealing with these user profile types? Which interactions end within Facebook and which ones extend to your Joomla website.
- Look at the complete marketplace. Who else is coming up on Bing searches for your products, services or solutions within Facebook search results? What are these companies? What’s the perception they leave in the eyes of your potential customers? How do you compare to them?
- Identify what you can do better than others. Do you know how to better rank your Joomla website on Bing than other companies? Could you do more to improve your local listing rankings?
- Have you completed market research and has business planning been done for your organization? What are your business growth ideas? Which ones will have the highest impact on generating new clients and retaining existing?
- Do you know how your Bing rankings are influenced and what it takes to improve them?
- Do you know what Joomla extensions exist that help you integrate with Facebook more closely?
- Is it accidental that all featured in the Facebook showcase are B2C companies: https://developers.facebook.com/showcase/apps/ As a business to business company do you struggle to find ways to benefit from the Facebook platform?
- Do you supplement your brand with social context on your website?
- Do you have a content strategy for your Joomla site?
- Do you agree that it’s far better to integrate better into people’s lives, not Facebook itself?