In this tutorial we will show you how to update URLs, Page Titles and Metadata descriptions.
We will be using sh404SEF component, so it’s necessary to have this installed and correctly configured on your Joomla 2.5 installation.
Page titles and metadata descriptions are important for SEO performance of your website.
Before we start:
1. Navigate to Components → sh404SEF
2. From the Control panel select “URL manager”
3. You will see a list of all SEF URLs and their corresponding nonSEF URLs.
4. In the search bar paste your previously copied page URL (without the domain name) and click search.
5. When you get the results, click on the given link. A new window will popup.
6. In the “Edit URL record” section enter a new SEF url for your non SEF url, or leave the SEF url as it is if it’s already reasonable.
7.In the “Title and meta tags” section enter a proper title for your page, and in the Description tag field enter a brief description of page content (less than 140 characters)
8. Click “Save” in the upper right corner.
9. Preview your page by clicking on the icon at the end of the link.
10. Doublecheck your updated URL, page title and description.
11 Main St Suite 7
Westbrook, ME 04092
|EMAIL, PHONE & FAX:
Email: Send Us an Email
US Phone: +1 (617) 418-4646
UK Phone: + 44 20 7617 7508
US Fax: +1 (617) 446-1468
Mihajla Pupina. 12
78000 Banja Luka
Republic of Srpska
Bosnia and Herzegovina