What is Android?
Android is the mobile operating system created by Google and is used for powering most of the smartphones in the world.
Android is based on the Linux kernel and provides a rich application framework that allows you to build innovative apps and games for mobile devices in a Java language environment.
Samsung, HTC, Huawei, LG and many other headset manufacturers use Android OS to run their phones.
In addition to the Android OS and pre-installed apps, many developers and companies have created apps which you may find on mobile app marketplaces such as Google Play store. These apps are created to meet different user goals and intentions such as social apps, games, communication and more.
Here are a couple of examples of android apps designed and created by OGO Sense:
- Pet Scoop Android App (Android app for local business)
- The Knowles Homeowner App (Android app for real estate business)
What is Joomla?
Joomla is a content management system that is used for creating dynamic websites.
Joomla CMS may be downloaded and used for free because volunteers contribute time and software improvements to continuously improve it. Additionally, because the Joomla project is a small non-profit that keeps a very small overhead, it depends on sponsors to keep it free.
Small business, education, e-commerce, non-profit and media sites frequently use Joomla CMS to power its websites.
Here are a few examples of Joomla sites designed and created by OGO Sense:
- PetScoop.com (Joomla website for local business)
- KnowlesCo.com (Joomla website real estate and rental agency)
- MyDailyMomement.com (Joomla CMS for online media business)
- AlaskaFlyFishingGoods.com (Joomla website for e-commerce business)
- NCLC.org (Joomla for non-profit organization)
- DeltaKits.com (Joomla site for a US manufacturer)
- For more examples, please visit our Joomla web design case studies.
Joomla and Android Together
In the upcoming blog posts, we are going to explain how you could connect Android and Joomla to improve your target audience experience and create more business value.
For example, a business may want to streamline one important and frequent process using a mobile app instead of having the same process on the website. By doing so, you eliminate the step of opening the web browser, improve response time and minimize the need to login every time when your website session expires.
If you have any questions about Joomla CMS or Android and especially integrating them together into a single system, please make sure to send me a question.