Last time I wrote about the best places to buy Maine lobster online. Today we’ll talk about how those sites were built and what’s generally the best website platform in 2017 for developing a small ecommerce website.
So here are the top 10 websites and their platforms:
|Rank #||Website||Website Platform|
|4||http://www.capeporpoiselobster.com/||Volusion + WordPress|
|5||http://www.dorrlobster.com/||Wordpress + Big Commerce|
|6||Lobsters-Online.com||ShopSite Pro sp2 (PHP, ASP, JS)|
Based on OGO Sense experience and research, we believe the WordPress is the best platform for building small ecommerce websites in 2017. Here is how other platforms compared to it:
|Rank #||The Best Website Platforms to Build A Small eCommerce Website in 2017 based on the sample provided above|
|1||WordPress w/ ecommerce plugin|
|3||Joomla w/ ecommerce plugin|
How does it benefit you when you use a powerful website platform such as WordPress?
- You should be able to execute your Internet marketing improvements faster and more economically because the mass adoption of the open source platform.
- You have the freedom to control all your information and easily switch to a better designer or digital marketing agency of your choice.
What should you do if you use a hosted platform such as Yahoo Store or Big Commerce?
- It depends. If you don’t have ambitious online marketing goals and want to do as much on your own, these platforms are good because they require no technical maintenance.
- If your goal is to greatly expand your online presence, attract more traffic and create a personalized experience, then consider switching to WordPress. You will be able to better improve your online presence and optimize your shop for search engines.
What is the worst that can happen if you don’t improve your website technology?
- If you delay upgrading your website builder you run at risk of your website being hacked, having your customer database being stolen, some functionalities stopping to work correctly or experiencing many limitations in terms of marketing improvements.
- You may also end up paying more for technical maintenance, ongoing improvements and you will have less flexibility to run Internet marketing campaigns at the same time.
Right now, 5 out of top 10 websites selling Maine lobsters are using WordPress. We don’t think that’s a surprise and expect this trend to continue. In the next several blog posts, we will comment on additional trends we noticed while analyzing over 50 websites that sell lobsters online. We will also share several questions you should ask yourself if you would like to use the web to increase your ecommerce sales in 2017.
What should you do now?
If you are serious about growing your online sales, here are a few things you should consider:
- Request a free Internet marketing strategy review for your online shop.
- Learn about our Internet marketing service for eCommerce sites.
- Get to know OGO Sense during a free Q&A webinar for eCommerce.
- See what we do for other OGO Sense clients.
- Send us a question!