mddcappa.orgProject Year: 2015
Project Timeframe: 3 months
About: MDDCAPPA.ORG serves facilities professionals from educational institutions in Maryland and Washington D.C. by providing high quality educational and networking opportunities.
Organization size: 500+
Introductionmddcappa.org has worked with OGO Sense since 2010 to complete a website redesign project and maintain technical aspects of its website.
Problemsddcappa.org faced several issues:
- The old and static website design was becoming outdated and did not represent mddcappa.org in the best possible light.
- The event registration process was not user friendly. Group registration was even more difficult according to feedback provided by attendees.
- The website continuity, security, and technical compatibility were at risk because the website used an older unsupported version of Joomla CMS.
- Many website visitors used their phone or tablet to access the website which was not optimized for mobile devices.
SolutionOGO Sense helped mddcappa.org make some of the following improvements:
- Strategize, envision and design the new website to better meet needs of its existing members. For example, existing members could check the latest news and upcoming events just by visiting the website home page.
- Implement a clean, modern, responsive and custom template that matched MDDCAPPA’s existing branding.
- Integrate new or streamline existing functionalities such as online event registration and automated job feeds.
ResultsAs a results of the redesign and technical migration, mddcappa.org:
- Has a more appealing Joomla website that is customized, responsive, on-brand, and more user friendly to its members.
- Avoids and minimizes website issues by improving security and software compatibility with a technical migration to Joomla 3.
Client Testimonial“They (Ogosensers) are very responsive and always flexible in meeting our schedule for projects and meetings. The response time to any questions is phenomenal.”
Sheri Vucci, Secretary of Maryland DC Chapter of APPA, Director of Business Administration Technical Service at Smithsonian Institution