OGO Sense would like to inform all existing and new clients who use Joomla CMS that we will stop custom Joomla development service as of Fri Feb 16, 2018. Any projects in progress or approved estimates will be completed as promised.
Examples of custom Joomla work that will NO longer be supported:
- Programming custom Joomla components, modules and plugins.
- Building custom bridges between Joomla extensions.
- Creating custom Joomla templates and layouts.
Examples of Joomla work that we will continue to do:
- Joomla website maintenance, training and support.
- Creating new and modifying existing pages with basic layouts.
- Smaller custom changes for our online marketing clients.
Why are we stopping custom Joomla work after 11 years?
We could find many reasons but let’s name just a few important ones:
- The popularity of Joomla CMS has greatly declined over the past few years.
- It is hard to find, train and retain programmers who want to work with Joomla CMS.
- There are newer web technologies (WordPress and Laravel) that are more suitable for our Joomla clients.
What web technologies do we already use for custom web development?
OGO Sense has adopted WordPress open source content management system and Laravel open source web framework because they are very popular, satisfy all our client needs and can be used in a hybrid model:
What are available options for your Joomla website?
Your best option will depend on you specific situation but we think of the following as the 3 most common options:
- Migrate as early as possible. If you are using OGO Sense online marketing service and/or average double digit revenue growth year after year, you should meet with us as soon as possible to take advantage of available opportunities and avoid possible negative impact on your business growth.
- Migrate before 2020. If you use your website in a strategic way as majority of our clients, you should start budgeting and planning for a website redesign or migration within the next 2 years. You should definitely migrate in 2018 or 2019 if you have an ecommerce website, complex functional website or care about website security.
- Run it as long as technically possible. If you have a website that you do not use in a strategic way and don’t have a budget to update it, we will help you run it as long as possible. Example of such site would be a standalone conference website that is mostly used as an archive. After 2020 when these websites can no longer be maintained for security reasons, we can help you merge key pages within your existing organizational website that runs on WordPress.
What should you do now?
Contact us for a free consultation to revisit your goals and develop your technology roadmap so you could ensure your website continuity and security.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS