Project Year: 2014-2015
Project Timeframe: 6 months
About: The Northern New England chapter of APPA (also known as NNECERAPPA) serves facilities professionals from educational institutions in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont by providing high quality educational and networking opportunities.
Organization size: 530+
Location: Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
NNECERAPPA has worked with OGO Sense since 2008 to complete a website redesign project and maintain technical aspects of its website.
NNECERAPPA faced several issues:
- The old and static website design was becoming outdated and did not represent NNECERAPPA in the best possible light.
- Many website visitors used their phone or tablet to access the website which was not optimized for mobile devices.
- The website continuity, security, and technical compatibility was at risk because the website used an older version of Joomla CMS.
OGO Sense helped NNECERAPPA make some of the following improvements:
- Strategize, envision and design the new website to better meet needs of its existing members.
- Implement a clean, modern, responsive and custom template that corresponds to a custom design.
- Integrate new or streamline existing functionalities such as automated job feeds.
As a results of the redesign and website maintenance, NNECERAPPA can:
- Better meet needs of their target audience.
- Avoid and minimize website issues by improving security and software compatibility with Joomla 3, the latest version of the Joomla CMS.
- Have a more appealing Joomla website that is nicer, customized, and more user friendly to its members.
- Reuse former website content, which is archived on the new website and easily searchable.