Erappa.org/NJAPPAProject Year: 2014-2015
Project Timeframe: 6 months
About: New Jersey chapter of APPA serves facilities professionals from educational institutions in New Jersey by providing high quality educational and networking opportunities.
Organization size: 500+
Location: New Jersey
IntroductionNJAPPA has worked with OGO Sense since 2010 to complete their website redesign project and maintain technical aspects of its website.
ProblemsNJAPPA faced several issues:
- The old and static website design was becoming outdated and did not represent NJAPPA in the best possible light.
- Many website visitors used their phone or tablet to access the website which was not optimized for mobile devices.
- The website continuity, security, and technical compatibility was at risk because the website used an older version of Joomla CMS.
SolutionOGO Sense helped NJAPPA make some of the following improvements:
- Strategize, envision, and design the new website to better meet needs of its existing members.
- Implement a clean, modern, responsive, and custom template that corresponds to NJAPPA’s branding.
- Integrate new or streamline existing functionalities such as online event registration and automated feeds displaying job posts.
ResultsAs a results of the redesign and technical migration, NJAPPA can:
- Better meet needs of your target audience which is increasingly using mobile devices.
- Avoid and minimize website issues by improving security and software compatibility with a technical migration to Joomla 3.
- Have a more appealing Joomla website that is well designed, customized, and more user friendly to its members.
- Reuse former website content in an archive on the new website.
Client Testimonial“Their response time is first class and their ability to perceive what our organization is about and create a design that reflected us very well.”
Steve Peary, Technology Chair, University of Vermont