Project Year: 2014-2015
Project Timeframe: 12 months
About: ERAPPA (Eastern Region of APPA) represents the interests of educational facilities professionals and is dedicated to supporting their common interests of planning, maintenance and operations of facilities within the region’s educational institutions.
Organization size: 1000+
ERAPPA has worked with OGO Sense since 2007 to complete multiple web design projects and maintain technical aspects of its website.
erappa.org faced several issues:
- The old website design was becoming outdated and misaligned with the ERAPPA strategic plan.
- The website continuity, security, and technical compatibility were at risk because the website used an older version of Joomla CMS.
- Many website visitors used their phone or tablet to access the website yet it was not optimized for mobile devices.
OGO Sense helped erappa.org stay the number one resource for educational facilities professionals. Some of the improvements included:
- Strategize, envision, and design the entire website redesign and maintenance project to align with the ERAPPA strategic plan.
- Aggregate job feeds from 3rd party sites which cover the ERAPPA region.
- Create more intuitive and user friendly menu navigation.
- Archive old website content within the new website.
- Create new and improve existing website forms to streamline processes such as applying for scholarships.
- Personalize administrative dashboard with shortcuts to important and frequent workflows.
As a results of the redesign, ERAPPA.ORG:
- Uses the new website to provide outstanding educational and professional resources to members; clearly identifies who members are and what they do; bolsters membership; and further engages business partners in the organization.
- Presents ERAPPA as the organization of choice among educational facilities professionals.
- Increases participation of membership in leadership positions within ERAPPA and APPA.
- Improves clarity and understanding of the organizational structure, roles, offerings and value of APPA, ERAPPA, and the chapters.
- Expands, diversifies, and makes more accessible professional development offerings.