Erappa.org/DVAPPAProject Year: 2015
Project Timeframe: 6 months
About: The Delaware Valley Chapter of APPA (also known as DVAPPA) serves facilities professionals from educational institutions in the Delaware Valley by providing high quality educational and networking opportunities.
Organization size: 250+
Location: Delaware Valley
IntroductionDVAPPA has worked with OGO Sense since 2011 on the initial website design and ongoing technical maintenance.
ProblemsDVAPPA faced a couple of issues:
- The website continuity, security, and technical compatibility was at risk because the website used an older, unsupported version of Joomla CMS.
- The viewing experience was not optimal on mobile devices and the issue started becoming more urgent considering the most recent trends in smartphone and tablet usage.
SolutionOGO Sense helped DVAPPA make some of the following improvements:
- Complete Joomla website migration to Joomla 3 and preserve former website content including links and valuable user workflows such as paid event registration.
- Implement a clean, simple and responsive template that looks and works well on all internet capable devices.
ResultsAs a results of the redesign and technical migration, DVAPPA can:
- Better meet needs of its target audience who are using mobile devices.
- Avoid and minimize website issues by improving security and software compatibility with a Joomla technical migration to version 3.
Client Testimonial“Clean look for the site. Fast response to questions.”
David Rabold, Member-at-Large for Technology & Communications